Jump to Main Content
- Legallet, Claire, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2016 v.13 no.1 pp. 16
- anesthesia; anesthetics; cats; dogs; hernia; orthopedics; oxygen; records; surgery; survival rate; tissues
- ... BACKGROUND: To determine associations between perioperative mortality after surgery for traumatic diaphragmatic hernia, medical records of 17 cats and 79 dogs that underwent diaphragmatic herniorrhaphy were reviewed. RESULTS: The combined perioperative survival rate was 81.3% (88.2% in cats and 79.8% in dogs). Data from acute and chronic cases was assessed separately. Of the acute cases (12 cats a ...
- PubMed Central:
- Legallet, Claire, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- American journal of veterinary research 2015 v.76 no.9 pp. 755-762
- analgesia; analgesics; anesthetics; dogs; osteotomy; pain; patients
- ... OBJECTIVE To evaluate clinical efficacy of hydrocodone-acetaminophen and tramadol for treatment of postoperative pain in dogs undergoing tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO). ANIMALS 50 client-owned dogs. PROCEDURES Standardized anesthetic and surgical protocols were followed. Each patient was randomly assigned to receive either tramadol hydrochloride (5 to 7 mg/kg, PO, q 8 h; tramadol group) ...