Jump to Main Content
- Lemos, D. A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy & fuels 2018 v.32 no.1 pp. 954-960
- algorithms; batch fermentation; carbon dioxide; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; fuels; sucrose; sugarcane; vinasse
- ... One way of overcoming the substrate and ethanol inhibition effects in the industrial ethanol production process is to use fed-batch fermentation coupled with an ethanol removal technique. This work describes the optimization and experimental validation of sugar cane ethanol production by fed-batch fermentation with in situ ethanol removal by CO₂ stripping. The optimization employing a genetic algo ...
- Lemos, D. A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy & Fuels 2016 v.30 no.1 pp. 748-757
- batch fermentation; bioreactors; carbon dioxide; ethanol; ethanol fermentation; ethanol production; models; sucrose; toxicity; yeasts
- ... The ethanol accumulated in the broth during fermentation is the main component toxic to yeast, causing slower yeast growth and decreased ethanol production. One way of overcoming this inhibition effect is to use extractive fermentation, where the ethanol is removed from the broth during the fermentation process. The present work evaluates ethanol production by extractive fed-batch fermentation wit ...