Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: lemos?
- Lemus, Jason T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture 2019 v.501 pp. 272-278
- Acartia tonsa; diet; egg production; eggs; fish culture; fish larvae; hatcheries; human resources; juveniles; live feeds; marine fish; nauplii; nutrient content
- ... A major obstacle to the development of hatchery production for juveniles of many marine species is the difficulty in successfully feeding early larvae. Copepods contribute to the natural diet of most marine fish larvae and feature characteristics ideal for early larval feeds including small size and suitable nutrient content. However, the use of copepods as larval feeds is limited by the inability ...
- Lemus, Jason T, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Aquaculture research 2015 v.46 no.4 pp. 901-908
- Lutjanus campechanus; biopsy; captive animals; eggs; females; gonads; histology; males; monitoring; oocytes; spawning; spermatogenesis; spermatozoa; tanks; temperature; vitellogenesis
- ... Gametogenesis was monitored histologically in wild‐caught red snapper (Lutjanus campechanus, Poey) maintained in captivity under simulated natural photothermal conditions. Gonads were collected every 2–3 weeks (average n = 14) for histology during the pre‐spawning season (February to May, temperature increasing from 16°C to 24°C). Primary vitellogenic oocytes were first observed in one female when ...