Jump to Main Content
- Lenkic, Peter J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental psychology 2018 v.58 pp. 77-85
- psychology; urban areas; waste disposal; wastes
- ... Despite the ubiquity of waste disposal in urban environments, there is little standardization of receptacle or signage design within and across jurisdictions. In three experiments, we explored the impact of waste disposal signage design on disposal behavior. Specifically, we were interested in two primary questions in signage design: 1) what type of waste disposal information should be presented; ...
- Lenkic, Peter, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of environmental planning and management 2018 v.61 no.2 pp. 309-331
- composting; containers; environmental policy; field experimentation; landfills; paper; pollution; recycling; residential housing; solid wastes
- ... Increasing volumes of solid waste, implicated in environmental pollution and health problems, are central to the current environmental crisis. In two randomized field experiments, we demonstrate that convenience dramatically boosts recycling and composting rates in multi-family dwellings and university residences. When compost bins were placed on each floor in a multi-family residence, instead of ...