Jump to Main Content
- Lennon, Rosie J., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 12-20
- Escherichia coli; animal wastes; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; colistin; farms; feces; genes; multiple drug resistance; risk; sewage treatment; wild birds; wildlife
- ... The isolation of antimicrobial resistant bacteria (ARB) from wildlife living adjacent to humans has led to the suggestion that such antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is anthropogenically driven by exposure to antimicrobials and ARB. However, ARB have also been detected in wildlife living in areas without interaction with humans. Here, we investigated patterns of resistance in Escherichia coli isolate ...
- LENNON, ROSIE J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Parasitology 2013 v.140 no.11 pp. 1368-1376
- Columba oenas; Columba palumbus; Fringillidae; Streptopelia turtur; Trichomonas gallinae; doves; epizootic diseases; farms; hosts; parasites; pathogens; pigeons; polymerase chain reaction; trichomoniasis; wild birds; United Kingdom
- ... Trichomonas gallinae is an emerging pathogen in wild birds, linked to recent declines in finch (Fringillidae) populations across Europe. Globally, the main hosts for this parasite are species of Columbidae (doves and pigeons); here we carry out the first investigation into the presence and incidence of Trichomonas in four species of Columbidae in the UK, through live sampling of wild-caught birds ...