Jump to Main Content
- Leonard, Denise, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental research 2019 v.170 pp. 337-343
- databases; environmental health; humans; microorganisms
- ... An ever-expanding hormetic database (HDB) was used to demonstrate that the median maximal hormetic stimulatory response (MHSR) of biphasic dose-response relationships increases in value with an increase in the number of stimulatory doses/concentrations that are administered below the estimated threshold/ZEP (zero equivalent point – i.e., the dose where the response crosses the control group value) ...
- Leonard, Denise, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Zoo biology 2016 v.35 no.2 pp. 120-127
- breeding; diet; doves; females; fledglings; forests; males; nests; parental behavior; parents; zoos
- ... Fruit doves (Ptilinopus) constitute a genus of small to medium‐sized, brightly colored arboreal birds, whose diets consist entirely of fruit. Little is known about the behavior of fruit doves because most species inhabit dense forests and are difficult to observe in the wild. This study describes the parental behavior of Jambu fruit dove pairs (Ptilinopus jambu) in a captive breeding program at th ...