Jump to Main Content
- Leslie, Isaac Sohn
- Agriculture and human values 2017 v.34 no.3 pp. 729-742
- activists; agribusiness; agricultural policy; capitalism; economic policy; farmers; farmers' markets; income; laws and regulations; prices; supermarkets; Argentina
- ... Although typically invisible, neoliberal policies and ideologies are often at the root of why farmers markets struggle to offer affordable prices for consumers, sufficient income for farmers, and expand socially and environmentally sustainable food systems. Argentinian ferias francas, a variation on farmers markets, offer a unique case to examine how they may be designed to alleviate these issues ...
- Leslie, Isaac Sohn, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Agroecology and sustainable food systems 2019 v.43 no.3 pp. 274-298
- beef; beef cattle; beef production; issues and policy; slaughter; supply chain; New England region
- ... We review existing challenges and possible solutions for increasing small-scale sustainable beef production in New England. Beef production policies are most effectively implemented when the impacts of regulation, facility accessibility, and seasonality are considered. Limitations surrounding scheduling availability, skill, and services offered create challenges that reduce processing facility acc ...