Jump to Main Content
- Letovsky, Stan, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Science 2011 v.331 no.6017 pp. 593-596
- adenocarcinoma; animal ovaries; biomarkers; colon; epithelium; gene overexpression; gene silencing; genes; heterochromatin; humans; kidneys; mice; microsatellite repeats; non-coding RNA; plant ovary; retrotransposons; satellites; transcription (genetics)
- ... Satellite repeats in heterochromatin are transcribed into noncoding RNAs that have been linked to gene silencing and maintenance of chromosomal integrity. Using digital gene expression analysis, we showed that these transcripts are greatly overexpressed in mouse and human epithelial cancers. In 8 of 10 mouse pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas (PDACs), pericentromeric satellites accounted for a mean ...
- PubMed Central:
- Letovsky, Stan, et al. Show all 23 Authors
- Nucleic acids research 2011 v.39 no.suppl_1 pp. D11
- biologists; databases; genome; grants; nucleic acids; prediction
- ... COMBREX (http://combrex.bu.edu) is a project to increase the speed of the functional annotation of new bacterial and archaeal genomes. It consists of a database of functional predictions produced by computational biologists and a mechanism for experimental biochemists to bid for the validation of those predictions. Small grants are available to support successful bids. ...