Jump to Main Content
- Leucht, Philipp, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Biomaterials 2019 v.196 pp. 46-50
- homeostasis; signal transduction; stem cells; tissue repair
- ... Advances in the understanding of the complexities of the Wnt signaling pathway during development and tissue homeostasis have made the Wnt pathway one of the prime candidates for translational applications during tissue regeneration. Wnts are key components of the stem cell niche and are short range signaling molecules responsible for cellular decisions such as proliferation and differentiation. S ...
- Leucht, Philipp, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2010 v.107 no.26 pp. 11853-11858
- adults; angiogenesis; bone formation; cell adhesion; endothelial cells; genes; growth factors; immunohistochemistry; mice; osteocalcin; phenotype; proliferating cell nuclear antigen; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; skeletal development; tibia; transcription factors
- ... Bone healing requires a complex interaction of growth factors that establishes an environment for efficient bone regeneration. Among these, FGFs have been considered important for intrinsic bone-healing capacity. In this study, we analyzed the role of Fgf-9 in long bone repair. One-millimeter unicortical defects were created in tibias of Fgf-9⁺/⁻ and wild-type mice. Histomorphometry revealed that ...
- PubMed Central: