Jump to Main Content
- Leventhal, Adam M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2017 v.117 no.8 pp. 1265-1271
- children; energy drinks; fast foods; food intake; fruits; health behavior; healthy diet; mothers; obesity; odds ratio; pastries; physical activity; regression analysis; risk; surveys; sweets; vegetables
- ... Physical activity and diet are major modifiable health behaviors contributing to obesity risk. Although patterns of these behaviors tend to cluster within individuals and within family units, it is unknown to what extent healthy and unhealthy dietary intake might differentially accompany sedentary and physical activities in mothers compared with their children.Our goal was to examine differences i ...
- PubMed Central:
- Leventhal, Adam M, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2017 v.20 no.18 pp. 3285-3294
- National School Lunch Program; added sugars; adiposity; adolescents; childhood obesity; children; eating habits; females; foods; health effects assessments; meals (menu); nutrient intake; parenting; parents; waist circumference; California
- ... Research indicates that children are at higher risk for obesity if their parents have been exposed to a larger number of stressors, yet little is known about effects of parents’ subjective, perceived experience of stress on children’s eating behaviours and adiposity and whether weight-related parenting practices (i.e. parent rules and positive family meal practices) mediate this relationship. The ...