Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: levin?
- Levine, M.T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Plant ecology 2004 v.172 no.1 pp. 73-82
- forests; age structure; understory; Arisaema triphyllum; perennials; herbaceous plants; plant adaptation; sexual reproduction; vegetative propagation; asexual reproduction; clones; plant growth; ecological succession; environmental factors; Maryland
- ... Long-lived understory herbs experience a highly dynamic forest over space and time, yet can persist for more than a century. To understand how these populations persist, we examined effects of forest age and disturbance on potential sexual reproduction and clonal growth in the sexually labile perennial, Arisaema triphyllum. Potential sexual reproduction (female:male ratio) was significantly greate ...
- Levine, M.T., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Genetics 2007 v.177 no.3 pp. 1959-1962
- Drosophila melanogaster; fruit flies; insect proteins; transcription (genetics); X chromosome; sex linkage; evolution; gene dosage; mutation; lethal genes; males; population genetics; natural selection; amino acid sequences
- PubMed Central:
- Levine, M.T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2006 v.103 no.26 pp. 9935-9939
- Drosophila melanogaster; genes; DNA; sex linkage; X chromosome; gene expression; testes; messenger RNA; evolution; nucleotide sequences; Drosophila; intergenic DNA
- ... Descriptions of recently evolved genes suggest several mechanisms of origin including exon shuffling, gene fission/fusion, retrotransposition, duplication-divergence, and lateral gene transfer, all of which involve recruitment of preexisting genes or genetic elements into new function. The importance of noncoding DNA in the origin of novel genes remains an open question. We used the well annotated ...
- PubMed Central: