Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: elena?
- Liakakou, Eleni, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Atmospheric research 2020 v.239 pp. 104911
- autumn; comparative study; spring; sulfur dioxide; urban areas; Crete
- ... Atmospheric new particle formation (NPF) is an important source of submicron particles. In remote background environments where local sources are scarce such processes may impact significantly on climate-relevant parameters. On the other hand, in urban environments, newly-formed particles are adding up to submicron particles emitted from primary sources. As the exact mechanism which triggers NPF s ...
- Liakakou, Eleni, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017
- air pollution; air quality; anthropogenic activities; automobiles; biomass; burning; carbon; carbon monoxide; combustion; economic recession; emissions; energy use and consumption; fossil fuels; heat; monitoring; pollutants; summer; traffic; wood; Greece
- ... To evaluate the role of biomass burning emissions, and in particular of residential wood heating, as a result of the economic recession in Greece, carbon monoxide (CO) atmospheric concentrations from five (5) stations of the National Air Pollution Monitoring Network in Athens, spanning the period 2000–2015, in conjunction with black carbon (BC) concentrations from the NOA (National Observatory of ...