Jump to Main Content
- Lie, Z. S., et al. Show all 19 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.91 no.2 pp. 1571-1577
- aluminum; calibration; chlorine; deuterium; energy transfer; fluorine; poly(vinyl chloride); polytetrafluoroethylene; wavelengths
- ... A laser-induced-breakdown-spectroscopy (LIBS) experiment with a unique double-pulse setup and operated in low-pressure (3 kPa) He ambient gas is performed to study the detection of light elements, such as hydrogen (H) and deuterium (D), as well as elements of high excitation energies, such as fluorine (F) and chlorine (Cl), which are usually difficult to detect using ordinary LIBS techniques. A na ...
- Lie, Z. S., et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2012 v.84 no.5 pp. 2224-2231
- detection limit; deuterium; energy; fuels; helium; melting; nuclear power; power plants; quantitative analysis; spectroscopy
- ... A crucial safety measure to be strictly observed in the operation of heavy-water nuclear power plants is the mandatory regular inspection of the concentration of deuterium penetrated into the zircaloy fuel vessels. The existing standard method requires a tedious, destructive, and costly sample preparation process involving the removal of the remaining fuel in the vessel and melting away part of th ...