Jump to Main Content
- Lim, Kar Yoong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant physiology 2005 v.139 no.1 pp. 275-286
- Nicotiana tabacum; tobacco; cultured cells; callus; roots; cell differentiation; ribosomal RNA; ribosomal DNA; DNA methylation; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); chromatin; fluorescence in situ hybridization; plant genetics; plant physiology; nucleotide sequences
- ... Epigenetic changes accompanying plant cell dedifferentiation and differentiation are reported in 35S ribosomal DNA (rDNA) of tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum). There was a reduction of CG and CNG methylation in both intergenic and genic regions of the rDNA cistron in fully dedifferentiated callus and root compared to leaf. The rDNA hypomethylation was not random, but targeted to particular rDNA gene fam ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lim, Kar Yoong, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- American journal of botany 2006 v.93 no.6 pp. 814-823
- Allium; Liliaceae; minisatellite repeats; telomeres; phylogeny; evolution; molecular systematics; nucleic acid hybridization; genome; genomics
- ... Although telomere sequences are considered to be highly conserved, there are switch-points in plant telomere evolution that are congruent with species' phylogenies. When Asparagales diverged, the Arabidopsis-type telomeric minisatellite repeat (TTTAGGG)n was first replaced by a human-type (TTAGGG)n repeat, and both were lost in Allium cepa (Alliaceae). We aimed to discover (1) when this loss occur ...