Jump to Main Content
- Lima, Isac, et al. Show all 15 Authors
- Environmental research 2020 v.184 pp. 109291
- air pollutants; air pollution; calcium; childhood; children; cohort studies; insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nitrogen dioxide; oxidants; ozone; particulates; pregnancy; regression analysis; Ontario
- ... Studies have reported increasing incidence rates of paediatric diabetes, especially among those aged 0–5 years. Epidemiological evidence linking ambient air pollution to paediatric diabetes remains mixed.This study investigated the association between maternal and early-life exposures to common air pollutants (NO₂, PM₂.₅, O₃, and oxidant capacity [Ox; the redox-weighted average of O₃ and NO₂]) and ...
- Lima, Isac, et al. Show all 17 Authors
- Environment international 2019 v.130 pp. 104953
- abnormal development; conception; embryogenesis; heart; heart abnormalities; maternal exposure; models; nitrogen dioxide; odds ratio; particulates; pregnancy; regression analysis; risk; Ontario
- ... Cardiovascular malformations account for nearly one-third of all congenital anomalies, making these the most common type of birth defects. Little is known regarding the influence of ambient ultrafine particles (<0.1 μm) (UFPs) on their occurrence.This population-based study examined the association between prenatal exposure to UFPs and congenital heart defects (CHDs).A total of 158,743 singleton l ...