Jump to Main Content
- Lima, José Tarcísio, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.3 pp. 269-275
- Eucalyptus grandis; stems; stemwood; tensile strength; wood fibers
- ... The objective of this work was to analyze the natural occurrence of slip planes (SPs) in Eucalyptus grandis wood fibers in terms of their characterization, distribution in the stem and associations with other wood characteristics. A 28-year-old E. grandis was studied, whose stems were sampled in the base-top direction. The longitudinal compressive stress regions (LCompSR, in the inner part of the ...
- Lima, José Tarcísio, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Holzforschung 2019 v.73 no.2 pp. 219-222
- Eucalyptus; compression wood; mechanical properties; pith; planting; stems; tension wood; trees; wood
- ... Tree stems deviating from the vertical position react by the formation of tension wood (TW) or compression wood (CW), which are called in general as reaction wood (RW), in which the cells are modified chemically and anatomically. The focus of the present work is the mechanical behavior of TW in five 37-year-old Eucalyptus species, which were grown on a planting area with an average slope of 28% le ...