Jump to Main Content
- Lin, Qiongwu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Marine and freshwater behaviour and physiology 2013 v.46 no.5 pp. 321-336
- Artemia; Copepoda; Rotifera; Scylla paramamosain; adults; correlation; crabs; nauplii; nutrient requirements
- ... We used microscopic video records to analyse the behaviour of mud crab megalopae (Scylla paramamosain) fed on rotifers (Brachiomus spp.), Artemia sp. or copepods (Schmackeria dubin). The megalopae were able to capture prey whose sizes ranged from no larger than Artemia nauplii to no smaller than adult Artemia . The megalopae employed three feeding modes: (1) Ambush-Prey mode, (2) Swim-Suspension-F ...
- Lin, Qiongwu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquaculture international 2011 v.19 no.2 pp. 313-321
- Scylla paramamosain; crab culture; crabs; juveniles; ponds; seed collecting; stocking rate; survival rate; China
- ... For the improvement of nursery culture of the mud crab Scylla paramamosain, a special nursery facility was purposely designed and built. This facility consists of nursery ponds (areas of 20, 50, and 120 m², respectively) and a seed collecting pond connected to each nursery pond. There were 140 nursery facility units in operation for large-scale juvenile crab production. A series of experiments wer ...