Jump to Main Content
- Linderholm, HansW., et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Ecosystems 2018 v.21 no.3 pp. 551-566
- carbon; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; carbonates; climate change; ecosystems; habitats; landscapes; least squares; model validation; models; seagrasses; sediments; storage; Indian Ocean; Zanzibar
- ... Globally, seagrass ecosystems are considered major blue carbon sinks and thus indirect contributors to climate change mitigation. Quantitative estimates and multi-scale appraisals of sources that underlie long-term storage of sedimentary carbon are vital for understanding coastal carbon dynamics. Across a tropical–subtropical coastal continuum in the Western Indian Ocean, we estimated organic (Cₒᵣ ...
- Linderholm, HansW., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Climate dynamics 2017 v.49 no.5-6 pp. 1917-1931
- altitude; atmospheric circulation; climate; climatology; drought; growth rings; latitude; spatial variation; summer; temperature; temporal variation; tree growth; trees; Eurasia; Mongolia; Russia
- ... Understanding past and recent climate and atmospheric circulation variability is vital for regions that are affected by climate extremes. In mid-latitude Asia, however, the synoptic climatology is complex and not yet fully understood. The aim of this study was to investigate dominant synoptic-scale circulation patterns during the summer season using a multi-species tree-ring width (TRW) network co ...