Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Bao-Ling, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental research 2020 v.186 pp. 109503
- Acidobacteria; Caloramator; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; heat tolerance; hydrolysis; microbial communities; proteins; proteolysis; short chain fatty acids; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Adding alkaline into an anaerobic waste activated sludge (WAS) fermentation with thermophilic bacteria pretreatment could efficiently improve short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) accumulation to 3550 ± 120 mg COD/L. The acidification rate in combined test was 21.2%, while that was 15.6% and 10.7% in sole thermophilic bacteria pretreatment and control tests respectively. Four distinct groups of microbes ...
- Liu, Bao-Ling, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Bioresource technology reports 2019 v.6 pp. 168-174
- Geobacillus; acidification; activated sludge; amino acids; chemical oxygen demand; community structure; fermentation; genes; hydrolysis; microbial communities; phylogeny; proteins; proteolysis; thermophilic bacteria; volatile fatty acids; waste treatment
- ... Employment of thermophilic bacteria for the pretreatment of waste activated sludge is one of efficient biological processes, which also benefits further sludge digestion. After pretreatment, volatile fatty acids production in the fermentation process was increased to 2521 ± 24 mg COD/L, which was 43% high compared to the control. The shift of microbial community structure from thermophilic pretrea ...