Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Guang‐Cai, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Functional ecology 2017 v.31 no.2 pp. 469-479
- Hordeum vulgare; Triticum aestivum; Zea mays; barley; corn; developmental stages; fertilizer application; food plants; food production; intercropping; interspecific competition; logit analysis; mulching; nitrogen; nitrogen fertilizers; nutrient uptake; nutrient use efficiency; phosphorus; potassium; staple foods; temporal variation; wheat
- ... The productivity of species‐diverse plant assemblages strongly depends on the temporal dynamics of nutrient uptake by competing neighbouring plants. Our understanding, however, of how rates of nitrogen (N), phosphorous (P) and potassium (K) uptake might change through time between neighbouring plant species under field conditions is still very limited. Here, we specifically measure the temporal tr ...
- Liu, Guang-Cai, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Plant and soil 2015 v.397 no.1-2 pp. 227-238
- barley; biomass; continuous cropping; corn; field experimentation; growth models; intercropping; interspecific competition; logit analysis; mulches; mulching; plant cultural practices; wheat
- ... BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Competition between intercropped species is important for yield advantage, but little attention has been given to interspecific competitive dynamics in intercropping. METHODS: A field experiment with five cropping systems (wheat/maize, barley/maize intercropping, wheat, maize and barley sole cropping), two N levels (0 and 225 kg N ha⁻¹) and two maize mulching treatments (with ...