Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Jingkuang, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.14 pp. 13773-13784
- bricks; case studies; cement; concrete; construction industry; construction materials; contractors; cost estimates; decision making; issues and policy; landfills; models; recycling; sustainable development; waste disposal; waste treatment; wastes; China
- ... Construction and demolition waste (C&D waste) is a worldwide issue that concerns the sustainable development of the construction industry. In this paper, detailed formulas are listed for calculating the costs of four typical kinds of disposal routes of C&D waste. They are illegal dumping, controlled dumping (landfill), centralized recycling, and on-site recycling. Through the specific formulas, th ...
- Liu, Jingkuang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental science and pollution research international 2019 v.26 no.14 pp. 13681-13690
- Chinese people; attitudes and opinions; construction materials; contractors; motivation; questionnaires; surveys; sustainable development; wastes; China; United States
- ... With the spread of the concept of sustainable development, people have gained awareness about the problem of massive illegal dumping of construction waste. In this research, a questionnaire survey was carried out in the USA and China. The results indicated the following. (1) Workers in both the countries had positive minimisation attitudes, and the attitude of Chinese construction workers was not ...