Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Qinyuan, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2019 v.7 no.22 pp. 13531-13539
- electrochemistry; electrodes; electrolysis; energy; fuel cells; oxygen; strontium; temperature
- ... Solid oxide cells operated reversibly between fuel cell and electrolysis modes are promising for energy storage with extremely high capacity. La₀.₆Sr₀.₄Co₀.₂Fe₀.₈O₃₋δ (LSCF) has become the dominant oxygen electrode material in electrolysis and reversible operation. However, LSCF has been widely reported to degrade due to Sr surface segregation. The present understanding is that the segregation rat ...
- Liu, Qinyuan, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2017 v.9 no.8 pp. 7115-7124
- anodes; cathodes; commercialization; durability; electrolysis; electrolytes; energy; fuel cells; fuels; impedance; nickel; synthesis gas; temperature
- ... Low-temperature solid oxide cells (LT-SOCs), operating at 400 to 650 °C, have great potential for commercialization since they can provide lower cost and improved long-term durability. Low operating temperature can also enable high round-trip efficiency of SOCs as reversible energy storage devices. This paper describes Sr₀.₈La₀.₂TiO₃₋α (SLT) anode supported LT-SOC with thin La₀.₈Sr₀.₂Ga₀.₈Mg₀.₂O₃₋ ...