Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Zhonghu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Fish & shellfish immunology 2015 v.44 no.2 pp. 420-429
- Cyprinus carpio; Danio rerio; breeding; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; databases; defense mechanisms; developmental stages; disease resistance; gene expression; gene expression regulation; immunogenetics; microsatellite repeats; proteins; single nucleotide polymorphism; spleen; transcriptome; unigenes
- ... Common carp (Cyprinus carpio) is one of the most important aquacultured species of the family Cyprinidae, and breeding this species for disease resistance is becoming more and more important. However, at the genome or transcriptome levels, study of the immunogenetics of disease resistance in the common carp is lacking. In this study, 60,316,906 and 75,200,328 paired-end clean reads were obtained f ...
- Liu, Zhonghu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Natural product research 2012 v.26 no.11 pp. 1033-1037
- Allium sativum; DNA; Liliaceae; T-lymphocytes; allicin; apoptosis; caspase-3; condensation; cytochrome c; garlic; membrane potential; mice
- ... Garlic (Allium sativum L.; Liliaceae) has been widely demonstrated in the role of cancer prevention, but the specific compound in garlic corresponding to this effect and its mechanisms are not clearly known. Allicin is one of the organic sulphur compounds derived from garlic. In the present study we investigated the anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic activities of allicin in murine T-lymphocytes ...