Jump to Main Content
- Livina, V.N., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Energy conversion and management 2014 v.80 pp. 573-581
- carbon; case studies; electric energy consumption; electric generators; electrical equipment; electricity; electricity generation; emissions; fuels; models; stochastic processes
- ... We model energy consumption of network electricity and compute Carbon emissions (CE) based on obtained energy data. We review various models of electricity consumption and propose an adaptive seasonal model based on the Hyperbolic tangent function (HTF). We incorporate HTF to define seasonal and daily trends of electricity demand. We then build a stochastic model that combines the trends and white ...
- Livina, V.N., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Applied energy 2015 v.159 pp. 478-489
- carbon; carbon dioxide; energy industry; generators (equipment); greenhouse gas emissions; models; tariffs; United Kingdom
- ... We quantify carbon (CO2) savings in the demand side response (DSR) programmes. We consider Short Term Operating Reserve (STOR), Triad, Fast Reserve and Smart Meter roll-out, with various types of smart interventions involved (using diesel generators, hydro-pumped generation and use of tariffs). We model CO2 emissions in each of the DSR programmes with appropriate configurations and assumptions use ...