Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: llano?
- Llanco, Luis A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Brazilian journal of microbiology 2017 v.48 no.4 pp. 764-768
- Clostridium perfringens A; adhesion; bacteria; cell growth; chickens; cytotoxicity; epithelial cells; genes; human cell lines; necrotic enteritis; pathogenesis; virulence
- ... Clostridium perfringens is the causative agent for necrotic enteritis. It secretes the major virulence factors, and α- and NetB-toxins that are responsible for intestinal lesions. The TpeL toxin affects cell morphology by producing myonecrosis, but its role in the pathogenesis of necrotic enteritis is unclear. In this study, the presence of netB and tpeL genes in C. perfringens type A strains isol ...
- PubMed Central:
- Llanco, Luis A., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current microbiology 2015 v.70 no.3 pp. 330-337
- Clostridium perfringens; antibiotic resistance; chickens; enzyme activity; genes; genetic variation; necrotic enteritis; pathogenesis; poultry diseases; sialidase; Brazil
- ... The sialidase activity and genetic diversity of 22 Clostridium perfringens strains isolated from chickens with necrotic enteritis were determined. Sialidase activity was detected in 86.4 % of the strains. All C. perfringens showed a high value of similarity (>96 %), and they were grouped into seven clusters clearly separated from the other reference bacterial strains. From these clusters four patt ...
- Llanco, Luis A., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Anaerobe 2016 v.42 pp. 176-181
- Clostridium botulinum; Clostridium perfringens; bacterial contamination; bacterial toxins; food contamination; food sanitation; foodborne illness; foods; genes; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; Nigeria
- ... Food-borne diseases contribute to the huge burden of sickness and death globally and in the last decade, have become more frequently reported in Africa. In line with this, food safety is becoming a significant and growing public health problem in Nigeria. Diarrhoea is a common problem in Nigeria and has been reported but there has been little data on the possibility of clostridia as aetiological a ...