Jump to Main Content
- Lloyd, Nicholas S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Analytical chemistry 2018 v.90 no.19 pp. 11564-11571
- atomic absorption spectrometry; isotopes; lead
- ... The introduction of rapid response laser ablation cells and sample transport technologies to laser ablation inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry (LA-ICPMS) has enabled signal pulse durations for a single laser ablation shot of less than 10 ms. These developments have resulted in marked improvements in analytical throughput, resolution, and sensitivity vital for the generation of large, hig ...
- Lloyd, Nicholas S., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Science of the total environment 2008 v.390 no.1 pp. 58-68
- aerosols; excretion; exposure assessment; health hazards; human health; humans; inhalation exposure; mass spectrometry; uranium; New York
- ... Inhaled depleted uranium (DU) aerosols are recognised as a distinct human health hazard and DU has been suggested to be responsible in part for illness in both military and civilian populations that may have been exposed. This study aimed to develop and use a testing procedure capable of detecting an individual's historic milligram-quantity aerosol exposure to DU up to 20 years after the event. Th ...