Jump to Main Content
- Loach, D.M., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of applied microbiology 2014 v.116 no.6 pp. 1657-1667
- Lactobacillus reuteri; enzymes; genes; humans; hydrochloric acid; metabolism; mice; mutants; open reading frames; probiotics; stress response
- ... AIM: To examine the role of the Lactobacillus reuteri 100‐23C frc gene product in oxalate metabolism, host colonization and the acid stress response. METHODS AND RESULTS: Genes encoding putative formyl‐CoA transferase (frc) and oxalyl‐CoA decarboxylase (oxc) enzymes are present in the genome sequences of Lact. reuteri strains. Two strains isolated from humans harboured an IS200 insertion sequence ...
- Loach, D.M., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Applied and environmental microbiology 2000 v.66 no.1 pp. 297-303
- DNA fragmentation; DNA primers; Lactobacillus; denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis; genes; genetic databases; humans; intergenic DNA; mice; nucleotide sequences; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; stomach; swine
- ... Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) of DNA fragments obtained by PCR amplification of the V2-V3 region of the 16S rRNA gene was used to detect the presence of Lactobacillus species in the stomach contents of mice. Lactobacillus isolates cultured from human and porcine gastrointestinal samples were identified to the species level by using a combination of DGGE and species-specific PCR pr ...