Jump to Main Content
- Locatelli, Jamille, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Life sciences 2017 v.187 pp. 42-49
- collagen; hypertension; hypertrophy; males; mechanical properties; myocytes; rats; swimming
- ... Investigate to what extent low-intensity swim training for six weeks counterbalances the adverse remodeling due to the advance of pathological hypertrophy in the left ventricle (LV) structural and mechanical properties in the early compensated phase of hypertension in male SHR.Four-month-old male SHR and Wistar rats were randomly divided into Sed (sedentary) and Ex (exercised) groups. The exercise ...
- Locatelli, Jamille, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Life sciences 2014 v.117 no.2 pp. 67-74
- Ca2-transporting ATPase; animal disease models; calcium; cardiomyocytes; exercise; gene expression; hypertension; hypertrophy; messenger RNA; natriuretic peptides; protein content; protocols; rats; sarcoplasmic reticulum; swimming
- ... The aim of this study was to identify the effects of swimming training on the mRNA expression and protein levels of the calcium handling proteins in the hearts of renovascular hypertensive rats submitted to swimming protocol during 6weeks.Fischer rats with renovascular hypertension 2-kidney 1-clip (2K1C) and SHAM groups were divided among sedentary and exercised groups. The exercise protocol laste ...