Jump to Main Content
- Loiseaux-de Goer, S., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Current genetics 2006 v.49 no.1 pp. 47-58
- mitochondrial DNA; genes; nucleotide sequences; Fucus vesiculosus
- ... We report the complete mitochondrial sequences of three brown algae (Dictyota dichotoma, Fucus vesiculosus and Desmarestia viridis) belonging to three phaeophycean lineages. They have circular mapping organization and contain almost the same set of mitochondrial genes, despite their size differences (31,617, 36,392 and 39,049 bp, respectively). These include the genes for three rRNAs (23S, 16S and ...
- Loiseaux-de Goer, S., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Plant molecular biology 1988 v.10 no.5 pp. 465-469
- protein secondary structure; ribosomal RNA; restriction mapping; evolution; ribosomal DNA; chloroplast DNA; transfer RNA; Phaeophyceae; alanine; genes; isoleucine; nucleotide sequences; genomics; intergenic DNA; molecular conformation; chloroplasts
- ... The DNA segment situated between the 16S and 23S rRNA genes belonging to the plastid genome of the brown alga Pylaiella littoralis (L.) Kjellm. has been sequenced. This small region (322bp) contains two unsplit tRNA genes separated by 3 bp. A comparison with similar regions from different plants shows that this region has evolved in two different ways according to the place of plants in evolution. ...