Jump to Main Content
- López-Collado, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Neotropical entomology 2006 v.35 no.5 pp. 677-688
- Aeneolamia; insect pests; insect control; economic threshold; plant-insect relations; Saccharum officinarum; sugarcane; probability analysis; statistical models; Monte Carlo method; simulation models; Mexico
- ... This paper evaluated the risk that Aenolamia postica (Walker) Fennah populations reach the economic threshold in sugar cane fields in Veracruz, México. A risk deductive model was constructed to include the sequence of events leading to damaging populations, considered the top event or critical failure in the crop. Model events were identified and quantified, and model was validated on field condi ...
- Lopez-Collado, J., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Environmental entomology 2003 v.32 no.3 pp. 484-487
- Curculionidae; males; aggregation pheromones; insect pheromones; Opuntia ficus-indica; cacti and succulents; chemical constituents of plants; volatile compounds; odors; olfactometry; olfactometers; pitfall traps; baits; insect pests; chemical ecology; Mexico
- ... Laboratory and field bioassays were conducted to determine whether adults of the cactus weevil, Metamasius spinolae (Gyllenhal), produce attractant compounds. The attraction of males in a dual choice olfactometer to male volatiles combined with volatiles of prickly pear, Opuntia ficus indica (L.), was greater than attraction of males to females or to host volatiles alone. Response of weevils to fe ...