Jump to Main Content
- Lopez-Ortega, Monica G., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biomass and bioenergy 2015 v.75 pp. 180-188
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Panicum virgatum; X-ray diffraction; acetates; biofuels; biomass; biorefining; calcium oxalate; cellulose; corn stover; crystal structure; feedstocks; industry; ionic liquids; lignocellulose; scanning electron microscopy; sugarcane bagasse; sugars; thermal analysis
- ... Previous studies of agave bagasse (AGB-byproduct of tequila industry) presented unidentified crystalline peaks that are not typical from common biofuel feedstocks (e.g. sugarcane bagasse, switchgrass or corn stover) making it an important issue to be addressed for future biorefinery applications. Ionic liquid (IL) pretreatment of AGB was performed using 1-ethyl-3-methylimidazolium acetate ([C2mim] ...
- Lopez-Ortega, Monica G., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2013 v.127 pp. 18-24
- Agave; Panicum virgatum; bagasse; carbon; cellulose; delignification; digestibility; enzyme kinetics; feedstocks; industry; lignocellulose; solvents; sugars
- ... Lignocellulose represents a sustainable source of carbon for transformation into biofuels. Effective biomass to sugar conversion strategies are needed to lower processing cost without degradation of polysaccharides. Since ionic liquids (ILs) are excellent solvents for pretreatment/dissolution of biomass, IL pretreatment was carried out on agave bagasse (AGB-byproduct of tequila industry) and diges ...