Jump to Main Content
- Love, H. Alan, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- American journal of agricultural economics 2007 v.89 no.1 pp. 78-90
- market power; econometric models; monopoly; imperfect competition; mathematical models; cigarettes; tobacco industry; commodity exchange
- ... Structural models used to measure market power, though widely employed, continue to be criticized. We compare alternative market power tests, including nonparametric and Solow residual-based (SRB) tests. We develop SRB methods that permit nested testing for both monopolistic and monopsonistic market power by the same firm. These tests and a set of nonparametric tests are implemented to examine mar ...
- Love, H. Alan, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Climatic change 2008 v.86 no.3-4 pp. 235
- decision support systems; weather forecasting; weather; prediction; simulation models; crop production; wheat; dryland farming; decision making; innovation adoption; El Nino; climate models; crop yield; surpluses; Canada; United States; Australia
- ... An international wheat trade model incorporating climate variability is used to simulate different scenarios when wheat producers in the USA, Canada, and Australia adopt El Niño/Southern Oscillation (ENSO)-based climate forecasts for use in production decisions. Adoption timing and rates are varied across countries in the different scenarios. The results are consistent between the scenarios exami ...