Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Baoxin, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of bioscience and bioengineering 2020 v.129 no.2 pp. 206-214
- Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus fermentum; Staphylococcus aureus; anion exchange; antimicrobial properties; antioxidant activity; arabinose; ethanol; exopolysaccharides; foods; free radical scavengers; galactose; gastrointestinal transit; gel chromatography; glucose; mannose; molecular weight; temperature; turnips; China
- ... A high slime-producing Lactobacillus fermentum strain (named as L. fermentum S1) was isolated from traditional fermented Fuyuan pickle, which was made of white turnip and collected from Fuyuan county, Yunnan province, China. We extracted and purified the exopolysaccharides from L. fermentum S1, and investigated their preliminary structure characteristics and biological activities. Three purified e ...
- Lu, Baoxin, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2019 v.139 pp. 252-261
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Caenorhabditis elegans; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Lactobacillus fermentum; absorption; anion exchange; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; dose response; enthalpy; exopolysaccharides; free radicals; functional foods; galactose; gel chromatography; glucose; mannose; methylation; molecular weight; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; rhamnose; superoxide dismutase; temperature; thermal analysis
- ... A cell-bound exopolysaccharide (c-EPS) from Lactobacillus fermentum S1 was isolated and purified to near homogeneity by anion exchange and gel filtration chromatography. The c-EPS is a homogeneous heteropolysaccharide with an average molecular weight of 7.19 × 10⁵ Da and comprises mainly mannose, rhamnose, glucose, and galactose. Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy spectrum of the c-EPS exhibi ...