Jump to Main Content
- Lu, Jinlong, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Langmuir 2019 v.35 no.9 pp. 3562-3567
- adhesion; condensation (phase transition); drinking water; dry environmental conditions; freshwater; hot water treatment; humidity; hydrophobicity; polydimethylsiloxane; water harvesting; water shortages; wettability
- ... The world is facing a global issue of water scarcity where two-thirds of the population does not have access to safe drinking water. Water harvesting from the ambient environment has a potential equivalent to ∼10% of the fresh water available on the earth’s surface, but its efficiency requires a special control of surface morphology. We report a novel facile physicochemical hybrid method that comb ...
- Lu, Jinlong, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Chemosphere 2017 v.184 pp. 884-891
- adsorption; arsenic; bentonite; cadmium; cation exchange; cation exchange capacity; chromium; clay; copper; electrostatic interactions; heavy metals; leaching; mercury; remediation; soil treatment; surface area; tetramethylammonium compounds; toxicity; zeta potential; zinc
- ... Stabilization of Cu, Zn, Cd, Hg, Cr and As in soil using tetramethylammonium (TMA) and dodecyltrimethylammonium (DTMA) modified bentonites (T-Bents and D-Bents) as amendments was investigated. Toxicity characteristic leaching procedure (TCLP) was used to quantify the metal mobility after soil treatment. The structural parameters of modified bentonites, including the BET surface area, basal spacing ...