Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: lucke?
- Lucker, Ben F., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Algal research 2016 v.15 pp. 110-119
- Fremyella diplosiphon; absorption; acclimation; antennae; energy; models; mutants; oxidative stress; phenotype; photosynthetic reaction centers; phycobilisome; pigmentation
- ... Phycobilisomes (PBSs) are pigment-rich super-complexes required for efficient harvest and transfer of light energy to photosynthetic reaction centers of cyanobacteria. The model cyanobacterium Fremyella diplosiphon is able to adjust PBS pigmentation and size in response to the prevailing light spectrum through a process called complementary chromatic acclimation to optimize spectral light absorpti ...
- Lucker, Ben F., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Algal research 2014 v.6 pp. 242-249
- algae; carbon dioxide; cell cycle; computer software; energy; environmental factors; geometry; light intensity; lighting; mixing; nutrient availability; oxygen; pH; photobioreactors; ponds; raceways; solar radiation; temperature
- ... Algae in natural or production setting experience fluctuating environmental conditions including changes in light, temperature, CO2 and nutrient availability, oxygen and mixing. In response, algae respond to environmental changes dynamically, adjusting light energy capture strategies, physiological processes and cell cycle control. It is thus the combination of environmental conditions and biologi ...
- Lucker, Ben F., et al. Show all 14 Authors
- Plant physiology 2015 v.167 no.2 pp. 558-573
- Chlamydomonas reinhardtii; carbon dioxide fixation; energy; nitrogen; photosynthesis
- ... Nitrogen deprivation induces orderly, multilevel down-regulation of the photosynthetic apparatus, energy capture, and carbon fixation. ...
- PubMed Central: