Jump to Main Content
- Luckey, F. J., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Aquatic ecosystem health & management 2015 v.18 no.1 pp. 43-62
- Alosa pseudoharengus; Bythotrephes; Copepoda; Osmerus mordax; biomass; chlorophyll; cold; community structure; ecosystems; food webs; invertebrates; predation; summer; surveys; temperature; zooplankton; Lake Ontario
- ... Lake-wide zooplankton surveys are critical for documenting and understanding food web responses to ecosystem change. Surveys in 2003 and 2008 during the binational intensive field year in Lake Ontario found that offshore epilimnetic crustacean zooplankton declined by a factor of 12 (density) and factor of 5 (biomass) in the summer with smaller declines in the fall. These declines coincided with an ...
- Luckey, F. J., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Aquatic ecosystem health & management 2015 v.18 no.1 pp. 7-17
- chlorophyll; data collection; oligotrophication; phosphorus; regression analysis; silica; spring; summer; surveys; trophic relationships; turbidity; water quality; Lake Ontario
- ... Phosphorus loading declined between the 1970s and the 1990s, leading to oligotrophication of the offshore waters of Lake Ontario during that time period. Using lake-wide data from the intensive field years of 2003 and 2008 and from available long-term data sets on several trophic state indicators (total phosphorus [TP], soluble reactive silica [SRSi], chlorophyll a and Secchi disc transparency [SD ...