Jump to Main Content
- Luevano-Contreras, Claudia, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Food chemistry 2018 v.243 pp. 11-18
- bacon; beef; chickens; dairy products; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; fish; fruits; grain products; lysine; screening; vegetables
- ... Nε-carboxymethyl-lysine (CML) is measured in food, but there is a controversy concerning the most convenient yet reliable method(s) for this task. This work compares three different ELISA assays and HPLC-ESI-ITMS/MS for the analysis of CML in several food items. The four methods showed the same decreasing order of CML concentration: beef, bacon>chicken > fish>dairy products>grain products>fruits/v ...
- Luevano-Contreras, Claudia, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Advances in food and nutrition research 2015 v.6 no.4 pp. 461-473
- advanced glycation end products; chronic diseases; glycation; inflammation; mechanism of action; neurodegenerative diseases; oxidative stress; researchers; Mexico
- ... Over the past 2 decades there has been increasing evidence supporting an important contribution from food-derived advanced glycation end products (AGEs) to the body pool of AGEs and therefore increased oxidative stress and inflammation, processes that play a major role in the causation of chronic diseases. A 3-d symposium (1st Latin American Symposium of AGEs) to discuss this subject took place in ...