Jump to Main Content
- Luo, J. -P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Biologia plantarum 2010 v.54 no.4 pp. 743-747
- seed germination; peroxidase; dose response; seeds; catalase; ascorbate peroxidase; hydrogen peroxide; malondialdehyde; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; superoxide dismutase; wheat; Triticum aestivum; toxicity; chromium; hydrogen sulfide; esterases
- ... Effects of H₂S on seed germination under chromium (Cr) stress were investigated in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). Under Cr stress, the percentage of germination of wheat seeds decreased, but this decrease could be alleviated by pretreatment with NaHS, an H₂S donor, in a dose-dependent manner. Furthermore, NaHS significantly enhanced the activities of amylase, esterase, superoxide dismutase, catalas ...
- Luo, J. P., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Russian journal of plant physiology 2010 v.57 no.4 pp. 532-539
- ascorbate peroxidase; wheat; protective effect; sulfites; dose response; malondialdehyde; sulfates; hydrogen peroxide; Triticum aestivum; sodium; hydrogen sulfide; peroxidase; metabolism; osmotic stress; seeds; linoleate 13S-lipoxygenase; superoxide dismutase; seed germination; catalase; esterases
- ... Effects of NaHS, H₂S donor, on germination and antioxidant metabolism in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) seeds under osmotic stress were investigated. With the enhancement of osmotic stress, which was mimicked by PEG-6000, the seed germination dropped gradually. NaHS treatment could promote wheat seed germination against osmotic stress in a dose-dependent manner; while Na⁺ and other sulfur-containing ...