Jump to Main Content
- Lyu, Kaiyu, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Land use policy 2019 v.80 pp. 345-361
- agricultural soils; arable soils; economic incentives; land tenure; leasing; phosphorus; potassium; soil fertility; soil quality; China
- ... The paper analyzes the causal relationship between farmers’ renting behavior and arable land quality using unique farmland soil quality test data in China. The paper looks into land quality changes in different places at different time and investigates the robustness of the above relationship using Propensity Score Matching method. The paper finds that the phosphorus and potassium content in rente ...
- Lyu, Kaiyu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Climate risk management 2019 v.23 pp. 67-77
- assets; climate; economic development; fearfulness; herding; households; livestock; livestock insurance; models; psychological stress; risk; risk management; weather; Ethiopia
- ... When weather shocks strike in agrarian economies, households may often utilize offtake of their productive livestock as a major risk coping strategy. However, a distressful asset offtake could lead to difficulties in recovering after the shock; consequently, the macro economy of a subsistence agriculture-dependent country could remain slow for an extended period. In this paper, we analysed the eff ...