Jump to Main Content
- Müntz, Klaus
- Journal of experimental botany 2007 v.58 no.10 pp. 2391-2407
- adaptation; amino acids; buds; cell death; environmental factors; genes; herbivores; pathogens; plant proteins; plant tissues; plants; protein degradation; proteinases; proteolysis; seeds; senescence; storage proteins; vacuoles
- ... Plant cells cannot live without their vacuoles. The tissues and organs of a plant contain a wide variety of differentiated and specialized vacuoles--even a single plant cell can possess two or more types of vacuoles. Vacuolar proteins are encoded by nuclear genes and synthesized in the cytoplasm. Their transport into the vacuolar compartment is under cytoplasmic control. Transcription seems to be ...
- Müntz, Klaus, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of plant physiology 2012 v.169 no.3 pp. 319-321
- Archaea; Chlorophycota; active sites; amino acid sequences; animals; bacteria; caspases; eukaryotic cells; evolution; legumain; models; myo-inositol; prokaryotic cells; roots
- ... The molecular evolution of asparagine-specific cysteine proteinases, called legumains, from plants and animals was analyzed using newly available related amino acid sequences from lower eukaryotes, bacteria and Archaea. The results suggest that genuine legumains originate from prokaryote pro-legumains. The evolutionary roots of genuine legumains from plants and animals descend from Parabasalia and ...
- Müntz, Klaus, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 2003 v.51 no.16 pp. 4633-4639
- X-ray diffraction; crystal structure; differential scanning calorimetry; digestion; disulfide bonds; globulins; glycinin; mutants; mutation; seed storage; seeds; soybeans; thermal stability
- ... The constituent subunits of seed storage protein 11S globulin have two disulfide bonds that are common among 11S globulins from legume and nonlegume seeds. In the case of the A1aB1b subunit of soybean 11S globulin, glycinin, Cys12−Cys45 and Cys88−Cys298 are observed by X-ray crystallography. The significance of these two disulfide bonds for structural stability was investigated by mutagenesis of C ...