Jump to Main Content
- Mukund Sharma, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Palaeogeography, palaeoclimatology, palaeoecology 2021 v.576 pp. 110485
- Mesoproterozoic era; Tonian period; abscission; asexual reproduction; bacteria; eukaryotic cells; fossils; macroalgae; palaeogeography; paleoclimatology; paleoecology; photosynthesis; phylogeny; plastids; China
- ... Proterozoic carbonaceous macrofossils are key to understand the evolution of early eukaryotes and how they acquired macroscopic sizes. However, phylogenetic interpretation of these macrofossils is challenging because most of them are morphologically simple and lack phylogenetically diagnostic features. Among Proterozoic carbonaceous macrofossils, the tomaculate fossil Tawuia is relatively rich in ...
- MUKUND SHARMA, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of earth system science 2012 v.121 no.3 pp. 755-768
- sediments; Earth system science; microfossils; radiometry; burrows; limestone; shale; India
- ... The present study reports occurrence of helically coiled microfossil Obruchevella Reitlinger from the Owk Shale of the Kurnool Group from the peninsular India. The age of the Kurnool Group is poorly constrained due to the absence of direct radiometric dating and meager palaeobiological data. Occurrence of Obruchevella is considered as a typical Vendian marker genus recorded mostly from close to th ...