Jump to Main Content
- Ma, Xing-xia, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Forest products journal 2016 v.66 no.5-6 pp. 280-283
- ammonium polyphosphates; calorimetry; coatings; decay fungi; decay resistance; decayed wood; flame retardants; heat; resins; soaking; urea formaldehyde
- ... Surface coatings of melamine-modified urea-formaldehyde resins (MUFs) containing ammonium polyphosphate (APP) have been shown to significantly improve the fire retardancy of wood by prolonging the ignition time and reducing the heat release rate, total heat released, and mass loss rate. Dual protection of wood against both decay and fire has been proposed for remedial situations and interior const ...
- Ma, Xing-Xia, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Journal of wood science 2013 v.59 no.5 pp. 419-425
- ammonium polyphosphates; heat; medium density fiberboards; melamine; resins
- ... Fire retardancy of melamine-modified urea–formaldehyde resin (MUF) containing intumescent fire-retardant ammonium polyphosphate (APP) (MUF/APP) was conducted by cone calorimeter with surface treatment of medium density fiberboard (MDF). The results showed that the six MUF resins synthesized with different F/(M + U) and M/U molar ratios containing APP significantly improved the fire retardancy of t ...