Jump to Main Content
- Mačukanović-Jocić, Marina P., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of cereal science 2017 v.77 pp. 180-185
- corn; dietary recommendations; dietary supplements; fatty acid composition; hybrids; nutritive value; omega-3 fatty acids; pollen; polyunsaturated fatty acids
- ... The aim of this work was to identify and quantify fatty acids presented in pollen samples collected from six different Serbian maize hybrids by GC capillary method. Due to great importance of fatty acids as food component potential nutritional value of maize pollen as food supplement in human diet was determined. It has been shown that pollen is a great source of different fatty acids, especially ...
- Mačukanović‐Jocić, Marina P, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2017 v.97 no.9 pp. 2803-2809
- adults; aluminum; arsenic; bee pollen; chromium; cobalt; corn; flowers; food industry; human nutrition; hybrids; iron; lead; manganese; medicine; mineral content; minerals; molybdenum; nickel; nutritive value; phosphorus; pollen; potassium; selenium; toxicity; vanadium; zinc
- ... BACKGROUND: Bee pollen has already proved to be a good supplement rich in iron and zinc. Studies on the application of flower pollen in the food industry and medicine have begun. Bearing in mind the prevalence of maize as a crop culture, its pollen will be easily available. The mineral composition of pollen of seven Serbian maize hybrids was analyzed in order to establish its nutritional value and ...