Jump to Main Content
- MacInnis, Robert J, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- TheAmerican journal of clinical nutrition 2014 v.99 no.4 pp. 875-890
- body mass index; clinical nutrition; comorbidity; elderly; meta-analysis; mortality; overweight; risk; weight loss
- ... Background: Whether the association between body mass index (BMI) and all-cause mortality for older adults is the same as for younger adults is unclear.Objective: The objective was to determine the association between BMI and all-cause mortality risk in adults ≥65 y of age.Design: A 2-stage random-effects meta-analysis was performed of studies published from 1990 to 2013 that reported the RRs of a ...
- MacInnis, Robert J, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2014 v.17 no.5 pp. 1087-1097
- adiposity; alcohol drinking; carbohydrates; chronic diseases; cohort studies; high carbohydrate diet; lifestyle; middle-aged adults; obesity; waist circumference; walking
- ... To identify predictors of increased adiposity for different measures of adiposity. Prospective cohort study, the Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study (MCCS), with data at baseline (1990–1994) and wave 2 (2003–2007). Participants recruited from the community. Australian-born participants (n 5879) aged 40 to 69 years who were not current smokers and who were free from common chronic diseases at recr ...