Jump to Main Content
- MacLaughlin, Helen L., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.5 pp. 2297-2303
- hospitals; kidney diseases; malnutrition; nurses; nutrition assessment; nutritional intervention; nutritional status; patients; prognosis; screening
- ... Screening of patients with renal disease for malnutrition risk on hospital admission provides an opportunity to improve prognosis. This study aimed to assess the validity and reliability of the Renal iNUT, a novel renal-specific inpatient nutrition screening tool.Adult inpatient admissions to three renal units were screened using the Renal Inpatient Nutrition Screening Tool (iNUT) and the generic ...
- MacLaughlin, Helen L, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Public health nutrition 2015 v.18 no.18 pp. 3349-3354
- blood serum; body mass index; confidence interval; creatinine; cross-sectional studies; diabetes; epidemiology; gender; glomerular filtration rate; health services; households; kidney diseases; models; nationalities and ethnic groups; obesity; odds ratio; planning; regression analysis; risk factors; screening; surveys; England
- ... Studies of the relationship between obesity and chronic kidney disease (CKD) in nationally representative population samples are limited. Our study aimed to determine if overweight and obesity were independently associated with the risk for CKD in the 2010 Health Survey for England (HSE). The HSE is an annually conducted cross-sectional study. In 2010 serum creatinine was included to determine the ...