Jump to Main Content
- Machado, Marília Alves, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- BMC veterinary research 2019 v.15 no.1 pp. 137
- cats; corn starch; creatinine; cytokines; gastrointestinal system; hematologic tests; liver; maleates; mixed breeds; monocytes; neutrophils; non-specific protein-tyrosine kinase; pH; placebos; pruritus; specific gravity; toxicity; urine; vomiting
- ... BACKGROUND: Oclacitinib is a Janus kinase (JAK) 1 enzyme inhibitor and blocks JAK1-dependent cytokines and is used to control pruritus. Studies available in cats are very limited and as there is a potential role for oclacitinib in the control of pruritus in this specie, the aim of this study was to evaluate the safety and clinical effects of oral oclacitinib maleate in healthy cats. RESULTS: Thirt ...
- PubMed Central:
- Machado, Marília Alves, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Veterinary parasitology 2018 v.256 pp. 29-31
- Otodectes cynotis; adverse effects; antiparasitic agents; cats; dogs; drug therapy; drugs; ectoparasites; habitats; mange; mites
- ... Afoxolaner is a drug belonging to the isoxazolines’ family, and it is recommended for ectoparasite control in dogs. The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of afoxolaner in the treatment of otodectic mange in naturally infested cats. Sixteen cats were divided into two groups (treated and control). The treated group (n = 8) underwent a single oral presentation of afoxolaner at a do ...