Jump to Main Content
- Madyarova, Ekaterina V., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Hydrobiologia 2018 v.805 no.1 pp. 189-201
- Amphipoda; acute exposure; acute toxicity; aquaculture; aquatic environment; ecosystems; enzyme activity; fisheries; lipid peroxidation; littoral zone; monitoring; oils; petroleum; stress response; water reservoirs; water solubility; Lake Baikal; Russia
- ... The current study evaluated the possible toxic effects of the water-soluble fraction of crude oil on the general cellular stress-response mechanisms of two dominant representatives of Lake Baikal’s littoral community, the endemic amphipod species Eulimnogammarus verrucosus and E. cyaneus. The acute toxicity effects on the cellular stress-response mechanisms of amphipods were studied in the laborat ...
- Madyarova, Ekaterina V., et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Environmental Science & Technology 2017 v.51 no.12 pp. 7208-7218
- Amphipoda; body size; cadmium; heat stability; lethal concentration 50; oxygen consumption; stress response; sublethal effects; Lake Baikal
- ... Eulimnogammarus cyaneus and Eulimnogammarus verrucosus, closely related amphipod species endemic to Lake Baikal, differ with respect to body size (10- to 50-fold lower fresh weights of E. cyaneus) and cellular stress response (CSR) capacity, potentially causing species-related differences in uptake, internal sequestration, and toxic sensitivity to waterborne cadmium (Cd). We found that, compared t ...