Jump to Main Content
- Mahmud, Abdu, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Subtropical plant science 2019 v.79 pp. 47-54
- Amblygaster sirm; Escherichia coli; Salmonella; Staphylococcus aureus; air conditioning; coliform bacteria; color; crude protein; free fatty acids; lipid peroxidation; lipids; microbiological quality; mineral content; oxidation; p-anisidine value; pH; peroxide value; plate count; pressing; relative humidity; salt content; salting; sardines; sensory evaluation; sensory properties; storage conditions; temperature; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances; water content
- ... The effect of pre-treatment (salting and pressing) on the keeping qualities of spotted sardine (Amblygaster sirm) was investigated. Fish were stored under two different conditions of temperature and relative humidity: Massawa ambient conditions (M; 30–35 °C/46–55%) and air conditioned room (A; 25–29.5 °C/48–61%). Microbiological analysis (total plate count, total coliforms, E. coli, S. aureus, Sal ...
- Mahmud, Abdu, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of aquatic food product technology 2018 v.27 no.10 pp. 1048-1062
- Acipenser sinensis; biscuits; children; essential amino acids; fish fillets; grains; hardness; leucine; malnutrition; methionine; mixing ratio; plate count; protein content; proximate composition; sensory evaluation; snack foods; sturgeon; wheat flour
- ... Malnutrition in children is a current global burden. A common snack for children is biscuits prepared from cereals. However, these types of biscuits have low protein content. Therefore, producing healthier biscuits enriched with essential amino acids (EAAs) and other micronutrients is of great interest to researchers and manufacturers. In this study, biscuits produced from low gluten wheat flour f ...