Jump to Main Content
- Mahmud, Ahmad Rodzi, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- International journal of remote sensing 2012 v.33 no.9 pp. 2892-2908
- gauges; monsoon season; rain; runoff; temperature; watersheds; Malaysia
- ... Areal rainfall averages derived from rain-gauge observations suffer from limitations not only due to sampling but also because gauges are usually distributed with a spatial bias towards populated areas and against areas with high elevation and slope. For a large river basin, however, heavy rainfall in the mountain upstream can result in severe flooding downstream. In this study, cloud-indexing and ...
- Mahmud, Ahmad Rodzi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Environmental earth sciences 2012 v.67 no.1 pp. 251-264
- environmental factors; geographic information systems; geology; infrastructure; land use; model validation; models; rain; remote sensing; runoff; soil; surveys; watersheds; Malaysia
- ... Flooding is one of the most destructive natural hazards that cause damage to both life and property every year, and therefore the development of flood model to determine inundation area in watersheds is important for decision makers. In recent years, data mining approaches such as artificial neural network (ANN) techniques are being increasingly used for flood modeling. Previously, this ANN method ...