Jump to Main Content
- Maiorano, A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Agricultural systems 2019 v.168 pp. 144-153
- corn; crops; information sources; meteorological data; monitoring; wheat; Europe
- ... Weather observations are essential for crop monitoring and forecasting but they are not always available and in some cases they have limited spatial representativeness. Thus, reanalyses represent an alternative source of information to be explored. In this study, we assess the feasibility of reanalysis-based crop monitoring and forecasting by using the system developed and maintained by the Europe ...
- Maiorano, A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Crop protection 2008 v.27 no.2 pp. 182-188
- Zea mays; corn; crop residues; crop rotation; Triticum aestivum; wheat; Gibberella zeae; Fusarium culmorum; fungal diseases of plants; no-tillage; plowing; disease severity; deoxynivalenol; field experimentation; Italy
- ... Fusarium head blight (FHB) of small grains is a worldwide spread disease that reduces yield, causes mycotoxin production in grain and reduces seed quality. Previous crop residues such as maize stalks and grain, and straw of barley, wheat, and other cereals are considered the principal inoculum sources for Fusarium graminearum and Fusarium culmorum, the most important Fusarium spp. causing FHB in E ...